In response to the extra costs incurred by the College and its students caused by COVID-19, the Education Department has issued grants to Thomas Aquinas College. The grants, labeled Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) grants, were received and distributed pursuant to the Education Department rules in effect at the time of the grants.
The College received the HEERF grants, after acknowledging that it signed and returned the certification and agreement form that the College would use no less than the required amount of funds received to provide HEERF grants to students.
Disclosure of Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
The College completed the distribution of the required amount of the HEERF I funds ($177,437) which was evenly allocated to 319 eligible students.
For all HEERF grants, the College supplied a letter to each student who received funds which explained (i) the method used by the institution to determine which students receive HEERF grants and the amounts distributed and (ii) any other instructions, directions or guidance concerning the HEERF grants.
Thomas Aquinas College has received and distributed to eligible students Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) grants.
- Total amount of HEERF funds the College has received for emergency student grants: $850,138
- Total amount of emergency student grants distributed to students as of September 30, 2021: $850,138
- Estimated total number of students eligible for student grants: 414
- Total number of students who have received an emergency student grant as of September 30, 2021: 414
Expenditure Reporting for Institutional HEERF Grants
These tables present expenditures incurred by Thomas Aquinas College (the “College”) during the period March 13, 2020 through September 30, 2021 on permissible items under the institutional portion of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) guidelines.
- Thomas Aquinas College HEERF Report - June 30, 2020
- Thomas Aquinas College HEERF Report September 30, 2020
- Thomas Aquinas College HEERF Report - December 31, 2020
- Thomas Aquinas College HEERF Report - March 31, 2021
- Thomas Aquinas College HEERF Report - June 30, 2021
- Thomas Aquinas College HEERF Report - September 30, 2021
These expenditures are not a complete tally of all permissible expenditures but are a portion of those expenditures covered by HEERF grants. These expenditures under each Section total more than the amount of grants which the College received under each Section. This, therefore, is the College’s final report.
If you have any questions, please email Dennis McCarthy.