All students must read the following information,
then complete the form at the bottom of the page.
If you plan to have a vehicle on campus, please be aware that:
- Massachusetts requires appropriate vehicle insurance.
- All drivers should carry insurance information in the vehicle.
- The College’s insurance policy does not cover students’ vehicles.
- Proof of insurance is necessary to register a car on campus.
Campus registration of any number of vehicles incurs no fee and is done as part of the College’s security measures. Cars should only be registered once, even if multiple students from the same family may be using them. Changes to your responses can be made by contacting the Assistant to the Dean.
- All cars parked in campus lots must have campus parking permits.
- You will receive permit stickers for all registered vehicles once you arrive on campus.
In addition, Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Law requires out-of-state students bringing vehicles into the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to file a Nonresident Student Driver Statement with the local police department in the city in which their university is located:
“IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR A NONRESIDENT STUDENT TO FAIL TO FILE A NONRESIDENT DRIVER STATEMENT WITH THE POLICE DEPARTMENT LOCATED IN THE SAME CITY OR TOWN AS THE SCHOOL OR COLLEGE ATTENDED, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 3 OF CHAPTER 90 OF THE MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL LAWS. FAILURE TO FILE SUCH STATEMENT IS PUNISHABLE BY A FINE NOT TO EXCEED $200.”
- All students at the New England campus who will be operating a vehicle not registered in Massachusetts must complete the Nonresident Student Driver Statement and send the signed form to the Registrar via mail or email. The College will send the form to the Northfield Police Department and issue the student a “Non-Resident” decal for their vehicle. This decal should be affixed to the top center of the vehicle’s windshield.